The ASA Arbitration Practice Seminar (formerly known as the “Practice Building Seminar”) follows a format developed in 1997 by ASA, and very successfully applied every year since, in cooperation with other arbitration associations and institutions around Europe, including every two years with DIS in Badenweiler, Germany.
This year's 20th Anniversary Edition will be held at the Chalet Royalp in Villars with the LCIA.
The discussion leaders are all very experienced international arbitration practitioners. During the course of two days, they will raise and discuss with the participants key legal and practical questions, as they arise in the successive stages of an international arbitration, illustrating them with examples from real cases.
All the sessions are led jointly by two practitioners, one with a common law background and the other with a civil law background, thus bringing to bear, in a lively debate, the diversity of experiences in international arbitration and encouraging the development of cross-cultural sensitivity.
The language of the Arbitration Practice Seminar is English.
This year's discussion leaders are:
· James Castello, King & Spalding, Paris
· Pierre-Yves Gunter, Bär & Karrer, Geneva
· Grant Hanessian, Baker & McKenzie, New York
· Pierre Mayer, Paris
· Sherina Petit, Norton Rose Fulbright, London
· Christopher Style QC, One Essex Court, London
· Melanie van Leeuwen, Derains & Gharavi, Paris
· Nathalie Voser, Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd, Zurich